The Civil Service is committed to promoting diversity. We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, the Civil Service Fast Stream operates the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) (click here for more details). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for their chosen scheme(s) and may choose not to be assessed for the first stage of the assessment process, as follows:
- Analytical Fast Stream applicants will by-pass the online tests, but will be required to complete the application form, and will need to meet a minimum standard at the application form sift.
- Graduate Fast Stream, HR Fast Stream, Northern Ireland Fast Stream, Technology in Business Fast Stream and Summer Diversity Internship Programme applicants will by-pass the Verbal and Numerical online tests but will be required to complete and pass the online Competency Questionnaire.
- European Fast Stream applicants will by-pass the Verbal and Numerical online tests, but will be required to complete and pass the online Competency Questionnaire. EFS candidates should note that they will have to undertake an alternative form of verbal and numerical reasoning tests with adjustments as part of the final sift for the scheme to ensure candidate suitability for the EFS and to test their potential for success in the EU selection process, known as the 'Concours'.
- In-Service Fast Stream applicants will have access to the normal procedures operated by their department - applicants should speak to their department to clarify what provisions are available.
If you require reasonable adjustments to allow you to complete the assessment process, then you will be given the opportunity to indicate and discuss this when you apply.
- All Fast Stream applicants must meet the necessary nationality, immigration and academic criteria to apply. Please see the criteria for your preferred scheme(s) under The Fast Streams. Invoking the GIS allows you to by-pass the initial assessment stage only – all subsequent stages of assessment must be undertaken, with adjustments as appropriate.
- Please note that a health declaration forms part of the pre-appointment checks and medical references will be taken up at this stage. Any false declaration of disability to gain exemption from part of the assessment process will invalidate any subsequent offer of employment, and may preclude you from reapplying in a future year.